Production Welder/Fabricator Opportunity
Our Key Engineering client based in the Forest of Dean area is looking for a skilled production welder/fabricator due to increased workload within their family owned expanding business.
This is interesting and varied work assisting with the production of heavy steel products for parts, installations or repairs and built to specific customer requirements in accordance with the relevant British Standards, paperwork and drawings.
This is a full time Temp to Perm contract where Castlegate Recruitment will be the employer for the initial contract period of at least 13 weeks.
Production Welder/Fabricator - Job Role
• Read drawings to determine and produce welded assemblies.
• Rotate through all welding bays to increase knowledge and multitask.
• Be flexible and be able to move to other areas within the shop floor when called upon.
• To maintain a high standard and quality of work.
• Ensure safe working practices at all times.
• Responsible for good housekeeping in your own work area.
Production Welder/Fabricator Education, Skills & Qualifications
This list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be expected to undertake any duties within their capacity to meet the needs of the business and/or the welding function.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Must be able to Mig weld (Tig welding experience is an advantage but not essential)
• Must be able to use hand tools, grinders, air drills etc.
• Ideally, have worked in a similar production welding type environment.
• Demonstrate dexterity and have the ability to pick up new tasks quickly.
Production Welder/Fabricator Hours of Work/Hourly Rate
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00 - 17:00 and 08:00 - 15:45 on Friday.
Hourly Rate: £8.50 to £12.00 per hour.
Competitive salary for the suitable candidate plus company pension scheme and private health insurance after the initial agency period.
Own transport is preferred or must live locally in the area.
2 Most recent employment references will be required at Agency Registration