Reliability Engineer Opportunity
Our Key Engineering client based in the Lydney area is looking for an experienced Reliability Engineer ASAP for a full time permanent contract. Our client is a global supplier of specialty goods and engineered products. They offer over a long established business model, technical expertise and world-class service. Our client provides custom solutions to meet specific need
Reliability Engineer Purpose of Job
To develop and lead a planned, preventative and predictive maintenance strategy and support function to the operation, which will enable the mill to perform at or better than budgeted operational availability.
Establish robust reliability improvement programs, audit effectiveness and adherence to scheduled planned preventative and condition based maintenance plans and identify areas for improvement. Ensure early signs of equipment failure are identified, communicated and equipment failure modes are effectively managed and corrective interventions acted upon in a timely manner to minimise and prevent unplanned technical downtime.
Reliability Engineer Job Role
Devise and develop robust planned maintenance and inspection schedules and ensure they are implemented to meet statutory, quality and engineering requirements. Define and implement maintenance and engineering standards in line with recognised industry best practice.
In association with the Engineering Maintenance Planner develop and manage the SAP maintenance system and master data with regards to:
• Accuracy - Master data is current and correct.
• Optimisation of preventative maintenance tasks and frequencies.
• Identification of spares and development of BOMs
• Reference to OEM technical manuals and drawings
Develop, maintain and audit predictive maintenance activities for the site assets including but not limited to vibration analysis, thermography, acoustic analysis, oil analysis, alignment etc, ensuring they are implemented to meet statutory, quality and engineering requirements.
Effectively communicate and coach the maintenance team on relevant tools and techniques for improving reliability and equipment condition monitoring. Develop the team and organise training to allow delegation of responsibilities and cover when necessary.
Provide for the effective and timely completion of preventative maintenance work by planning and scheduling resource, which will at times involve organizing, scheduling and supervising contract maintenance where required.
Engage in development of failure reduction activities, leading FMEA and problem solving. Responsible for thorough and timely reporting of site asset health with recommended remedial interventions to minimize unplanned downtime.
Ensure safety standards in the Mill are maintained and safe working procedures are implemented and adhered. To clearly implement and demonstrate the required approach to process safety requirements, including the Management of Change.
Provide technical advice and information related to reliability issues and potential equipment failure to Production Management and Engineering support teams.
Develop, prepare and submit plant, systems and process maintenance improvement proposals to address specific reliability issues. Take responsibility for justification, planning and implementation.
Manage key contracts and maintain regular health checks for Site Lubrication, Compressed Air, Steam Distribution and Sprinkler Systems.
Organise and control contractors within your area of responsibility. Ensure contractors are competent and are adequately informed of the job requirements; arrange permits to work, and check suitable RAMs are in place to ensure such requirements are adhered to.
Monitor KPIs for the area of responsibility, identify any deviation from target and implement corrective action at the appropriate level,
• RELIABILITY ENGINEER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• The job holder will have a sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical preventative engineering principles with a comprehensive understanding of condition based plant monitoring systems
• Candidates should possess a formal technical qualification in Engineering i.e. NVQ Level 3 / C&G Level 3 Electrical or mechanical equivalent.
• General knowledge of industrial plant and process equipment is essential
• A good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and the application of continuous process environment.
• Strong drive, motivation and commitment: the extent to which the individual is self starting and self motivated and the degree and consistency of energy / enthusiasm which is committed in the pursuit of objectives and business goals.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize lead and manage others to deliver results.
• The post holder should have good analytical skills and the ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic based problem solving.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Able to communicate in clear concise manner, both in writing and orally
• Computer literate with practical experience of SAP systems.
• A team worker, with a flexible approach to work.
Working Relationships: To build strong working relationships within the engineering and production teams, communicating effectively at all levels.
Customer and Quality Awareness: sensitivity to external and internal customer needs and awareness of the benefits of good customer service. Driven by the need to understand and meet the expectations / requirements of customers. Proactively builds strong relationships. Is passionate about, and perseveres in the pursuit of challenging stretch goals. Demonstrates energy, drive and enthusiasm when striving to accomplish and improve results. .
Problem Solving and Decision Making – Defines problems, systematically gathers and analyses data, identifies cause and effects and establishes root causes and achievable solutions. Makes good and timely decisions.
Training and Development: the ability to identify and deliver training and development needs for self in order to bring about Business Improvement.
• DIMENSIONS (Typical)
Area Engineering Department – equipment reliability all disciplines
Staff Lead and manage the reliability team
Liaise and engage within the engineering team
Budgets N/A- within the Maintenance Budget
Contractors Core contractors, Key Mill Services Maintenance Contracts,
Reliability Engineer Hours & Salary:
Monday to Friday DAYS
On call 1 weekend in 10(no additional payments for this as reflected in salary)
Reliability Engineer Salary & Benefits:
£38 - £40K per annum
25 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays.
Company pension scheme.
Training specific to the company will be provided
Free car parking provided on site
Candidates ideally local due to the call out requirements
2 Employment references will need to be supplied at Agency registration stage